Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Baker Act

Trying to explain to the police officer that it wasn't my doing
It was the devil making an offer that was just way too amusing
Telling me these stories that made life seem way less confusing
So can you please take off these cuffs because it's bruising

And are you taking me to jail?
I made an attempt on myself not another male
I know I lost it went a little off the rail
But I'm good now I'm back on the right trail

The cop tells me no, you're being baker acted
Paused for a bit, asked what's that but he was too distracted

Handcuffed in the middle of the emergency room with all eyes on me
Doctors and nurses staring at me like I’m a criminal like I’m a triple OG
Making me feel like a caged animal, is this my reality?
What's happening to me, all I wanna do is go home and sleep

But no, they throw me in wheelchair and strap me down
So angry at these police looking down at me as if they wearing a crown
Push me into a elevator and take me to the 3rd floor where it’s a complete ghost town
Talking to me with no respect, as they unstrap me and telling me to put on this gown

They walk me through big metal doors with bars on the windows
This place looks like a jail a prison, you know places like those

I see all these rooms with two long hallways
I don't see any doctors or nurses only big men leading my way
Walk me to my room with no delay
To see 3 other people sleeping while one is screaming and this is my day

Paranoid out of mind that someone will attack me tonight
Just getting mentally and getting ready to fight
I can't sleep because they leave on the lights
To be real I cried that whole night

Couple hours passed; to me hearing a lady screaming
I get out of bed to see what's the meaning

I see 3 security personnel and this lady screaming to each other
As I listen closer I tell you what I discover
A white lady screaming the “N” word to all these brothers
I'm watching what's going on as I’m behind the wall taking cover

Then I see a man with a white coat pull out a needle
As the security strap her down to a chair and she's squirming around like a weasel
The lady got this look on her face that's pure evil
The man with the white coat sticks the needle in her vein with no intent of being gentle

They throw her in the room to herself but I didn't care about her
Simply because she repeatedly used the word nigger

Am I still in a hospital or am I in a institution?
Wherever I’m at this is not the solution
Only been here a few hours here and I want to start a revolution
I want to get out of here so badly I wish I could do a substitution

The morning hits I see all the people stuck in here, I say about 40
They got wristbands on certain people stating they got aids which I think is corny
They put the color blue on me I found out because I’m at risk to run like a derby
The doctors got us all discriminated and put into certain categories

I have my breakfast which was one ham sandwich
Damn did I feel abandoned

I’m not talking to anybody hear because I don't trust anyone
Not even my mom or dad knows I’m here not one family loved one
And I’m fine with that, I can’t take anymore disappointment from them so I’m done
But I do have my girl and I’ll just talk to her on the designated times on the phone

Finally a doctor who is a man calls me to this room
And before he says something I cut him off and tell him I need to say some
I want to leave right now and escape this place of doom
He tells me sorry, but your not getting out of here anytime soon

I'm sitting there completely stunned
Now I want to hurt this man as he smiles and I get shunned

I go run back to my bed, mad at the world
Only thing on my mind is me wishing I had my girl
Now I feel somebody touching my toe
I yell at him to stop, he continues, I get up and push him to the cold floor

I stand on top of him ready to jump on him
Till security grabs me by my limb
Picks me up knowing I’m slim
Thinking to myself that this isn't over but only the prelims

They throw me into the “quiet zone”
Not feeling like my happy self, feel like a clone

I’m here all for being a suicidal
I didn't commit no crime but I’m not allowed to leave against my free will
These doctors are looking at me like I have intent to kill
But I don't, I’m just a little head sick, you know mentally ill

And this is my story of me being baker acted
Everything I said was true, this is what happened
Now I don't trust doctors at all and I’m still completely saddened
And I see the world doesn't care for people who are a little mentally off the wagon



No comments:

Post a Comment