Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Swallowed Whole

Swallowed Whole


You look at my face, and to your brown eyes you see the same man
Little to do you know, things with me... really hit the fan
What you see is an empty shell of me, that’s been battered around like an empty can
I’m lost inside, I might possibly be even damned, I used to be colorful like a crayon
Now there’s so many days I feel when I can’t figure out a simple plan
My heart used to be filled to the top so big; it looked so grand!
But there’s a leak in it, which I can’t cover up, and I can not comprehend
I’m stuck inside my body, with my legs being pulled down by quicksand
Do you not see me suffering, why don’t you stick out your right hand
I know why, you’ve grown tired of just waiting for the old man
I see it all play in front of me from inside these prison walls
It’s upsetting from down here when I’m seeing us fall
Crazy to think that not long ago I asked you to be mine last fall
I can not do anything else honestly but bawl...even now
Oh I feel such sorrow, I know I talk as long as a mall
But I never get to say what I want, only curveballs
I want to break free from this hell, I’m battling a horrible bloody brawl
Being hit back and forth as if I’m a black eight ball
Pulled viscously like a rag doll
I love you and that’s not me trying to stall
Thats me wanting you to have me all!
So Baby, please root for me so we can victorious in the long haul

No comments:

Post a Comment